Friday, January 2, 2015

14 in 2014: Wrap Up

Now that we have welcomed in the year 2015, I want to revisit the goals I set for myself in 2014. Looking back, I think I did pretty well overall. I am hoping to become even healthier and happier in 2015, and I wish the same for you all! I will have a few more 2014 posts to wrap up this week, and then I will begin next with with my 15 in 2015 goals. Wishing the best to you all.


 
  1. Write more blog posts - This goal was pretty hit or miss through the year. I can't say I did the best I could do, but I plan on continuing to go forward transforming this blog into my dream creative space.
  2. Do more yoga - I went through a phase of intense yoga, but then that fizzled out. Yoga is a goal that I want to continue working towards into the future.
  3. Get back into dancing -I started working at a dance studio back in September, and it has been a dream. I have been welcomed into the community with such enthusiasm, and I am excited to continue dancing with them this year.
  4. Land a job that I enjoy - As I just mentioned, I love working at the dance studio, but that is only part-time. I also work at a vegan cafe still, but I am not getting enough hours and need to look into another income source.
  5. Move into a new apartment - I moved both in July (for a 2-month sublet) and in September. I love where I currently live. This apartment is always alive and filled with friends, music, and art. It's really a dream come true.
  6. Cook more - David, my partner, and I started cooking a lot more recently. He even got me a Vitamix blender for Christmas, which has been absolutely incredible.
  7. Read 50 books - boom. done! I  read 56 books in 2014! Tomorrow and Sunday I will post reviews of the last six books I read, as well as an overview of all 56 books. Follow me on GoodReads! @wildflowerchild//goodreads.com/wildflowerchild
  8. Get rid of all my extra clothes - I've posted a ton of clothes up for sale on Vinted. I'm currently at about 120 items for sale, but I still have so much more to put up for sale. I only have a few items up on Storenvy at the moment, but I have had better luck selling on Vinted anyway. Check out my items for sale at http://www.vinted.com/members/1705095-melissalynnamaral & http://wildflowerchild.storenvy.com/. If you're interested in buying anything, let me know that you came from my blog, and I will lower any price for you.
  9. Spend more time outside - This goal was also a bit touch and go. When I was working full-time, I would spend every lunch break outdoors, and I went on a few hikes over the summer, but I still did not get outside as much as I would have liked.
  10. Get on a regular sleep schedule - I would say that this goal went well. I'm going to bed a bit later than I would like, but it has been pretty consistent in terms of the same time every night. I would like to start to get up earlier in the mornings, though.
  11. Become more organized - I think I have more mental clarity and organization, but I certainly do not on the outside. I have a long way to go with this goal, but I'm pretty sure this is a life-long goal for just about everyone.
  12. Find an outlet for playing clarinet - Sadly, no. I miss playing. :/
  13. Bike all over Boston -I have only biked a few times after getting my bike back, but I received a super heavy-duty lock for Christmas, as well as a rear-view mirror, which will be a huge help biking in the city. Now to get in good enough shape to ride my single speed.....
  14. Appreciate all the little things - I would definitely say I am in a better place mentally & emotionally than I was at this time last year. Of course, this is another life-long goal. 

No comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic