Monday, September 24, 2012

This is what a vegan eats [1]

So in order to maintain some sense of responsibility when grocery shopping, I figured that I would start posting what I buy after each trip to the store. I am on a mandatory meal plan at my college, so I do not "need" to buy much food from the grocery store. With this being said, I am a vegan and the vegan options at my school are very limited. Note: If you're wondering why I rarely buy fruits or veggies, it's because I buy them with my meal plan at the salad bar most often.


1: organic yellow corn tortilla chips (I have guacamole in the fridge already!!)
2: organic plain soy milk (for my morning granola/cereal)
3: Soyummi(R) dark chocolate pudding (vegan/gluten free)
4: Vans(TM) wheat/gluten free blueberry waffles (also vegan)
5: rolls (to make hummus/guac/veggie sandwiches)
6: Muir Glen(R) organic mild salsa
7: Dark Chocolate Dreams(R) dark chocolate peanut butter
8: organic peanut butter
9: sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds (for some trail mix I'll be making)

I also have an outfit post from today that should be up sometime tomorrow. Hope you've all had a sunny Monday!

4 comments:

  1. it actually looks pretty good :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete


  2. Great post!

    Looks really good indeed Ive been trying to also go another direction when it comes to eating more healthy.

    I'm an instant follower of you now :)

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meal plan sounds like a good deal. Food is so expensive. And it's such a hassle having to organise a meal every night. I'm only a vegetarian and struggle.

    Those waffles look amazing!

    I'm going to follow you!

    attempted ambition blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea to post your shopping! I turned vegetarian about a year ago and really like it. But managing to maintain a balanced and healthy diet is a bit of a struggle, as I get meals at work and I don't think the cooks there have heard of such things as beans and lentils...
    Anyway, it's fun to see how you're supplementing your meals!

    ReplyDelete

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic