Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Auckland Sky Tower

Time for a New Zealand post! I apologize for being M.I.A. lately; the semester has just started and I cannot even begin to get into how incredibly busy I am.
Nonetheless, here is a promised post about my trip to New Zealand.
One of the last days I was in the city, Ben and I visited the Sky Tower, which just happens to be the tallest free-standing structure (whatever that means) in the Southern Hemisphere at 328 metres (about 1,076 feet).
I have always been afraid of heights, but being up there was just so exhilarating that I nearly overcame my fear! Ben, on the other hand, was very afraid and hard to coax out towards to windows to share the view (I eventually managed it, though!).
Here are some pictures we took (I'm going to apologize in advance about how many photos there are - I just couldn't decide which ones I wanted to share):


 Various views from above

We saw a rainbow!

There were sections of glass floor that you could stand on - creepy, but so awesome.

haha, heyyy

We stayed up to watch the sunset from the top.

A picture of the two of us just to finish things off.

I will honestly never forget this experience. It was so wonderful, and I am so grateful that Ben brought me even though heights are not his favorite. 


No comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic