Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


(Sorry for the poor-quality photos; I was using my iPod.) Since I'm at my parent's house this weekend, I figured I would take up the opportunity of using their fully-stocked kitchen to do some vegan baking! I think the cookies taste wonderful, although the texture is really odd (as is usually the case when using applesauce as a binding agent). My dad didn't like them, but hey, more for me!
Here's is the recipe I used to make these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:


Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup instant oatmeal
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 325 F.
  • In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and oatmeal. Slowly add water to reach a thick, sticky consistency. Add in chocolate chips.
  • Roll into balls using a tablespoon and bake for around 15 minutes on a cookie sheet.
Makes 15-25 cookies.

Recipe via Strawbirdies

No comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic